We are happy to introduce to you Stoyko Boynov, Senior Quality Engineer in TSD and one of the first members of our team.
As we are celebrating his 10th anniversary in the company this month, we carried out the below interview with our teammate in order to try and get into the head of a quality engineer, revealing some curious facts related to his journey in the company and his professional and personal growth throughout all these years spent in TSD.
- How did everything start back in 2009?
It all started as a promise among friends. My friend German, TSD’s CEO, invited me to join the company and this invitation turned into a 10-year career in IT and counting.
- Can you make a comparison between then and now? What did you do in the beginning and where are you at right now?
It’s all about asking the right questions. The only difference is that in the beginning I was asking, and now I’m the one providing the answers.
- What are the everyday challenges you face in your work?
Verification and validation, as being part of the everyday QA process, happen to be more routine than innovative. But facilitation of quality, building quality culture and keeping the promises made to the customer represent the biggest challenges that QEs meet in their profession.
- And what are the fundamental skills needed to deal with those challenges?
Patience, persistence and optimism beyond reasonable. 😊
- What is your favorite part about working in TSD? What do you love about your job?
I really appreciate the opportunity to work in a multi-national team. Getting along with people from different cultures is a worthy challenge.
- What does it take to become a senior quality engineer and what would you advise the guys who are following your steps?
Curiosity may be the key – never stop learning new things.
- Why do you choose to remain a part of TSD after 10 years? What has the company given you in terms of your professional development?
I can practice my profession in my hometown and follow technical evolution path, which aligns with my personal beliefs, goals and career development plans.
- Share something about yourself as a person. Who is Stoyko outside of the office and what does he like to do for fun?
I dare to believe that I can call myself a fishing fan.
- How do you envision yourself in another 10 years?
Older, but hopefully wiser.
- How would you describe this decade in TSD in just three words?
TRY, SIMPLIFY, DO.